Product Manager / Design
We all want to be a part of something great. At Student Loan Genius, we are the solution for an entire generation drowning in student debt. That debt, currently topping 1.3 Trillion dollars, is a massive drain on the economy and is impacting the lives of million.
As the a product manager/designer you'll be a crucial part of our team’s effort to revolutionize the way borrowers handle their student loans and how employers help employees eliminate student debt. We're looking for purpose-driven product designers who are serious about their craft, building amazing products, and want to take part in something great. Come help us help others!
We are seeking a versatile and highly-motivated Product Manager. As a Product Manager, you will jump in and start interacting with developers, designers, and stakeholders from day one. You’ll also get to work with industry experts and real customers to understand the market and to identify ways in which Student Loan Genius can help crush the student loan debt problem in the US.
- Support the gathering and analysis of market research supporting product feature and function recommendations
- Fully research, scope and develop a strategy for new and existing products/features, focused on high quality and aggressive adoption among our customer base
- Understand the user's motivation, build use cases around those motivations, and translate them into product definitions and prioritized backlogs.
- Work in leadership role to champion end user experience within products under your ownership
- Ensure a coherent and compelling overall experience for our users and customers.
- Act as liaison between our development / product teams and our financial institution customers
- Establish benchmarking statistics and reports for customers to compare their product adoption results across peer groups
- Test and evaluate key product enhancements prior to release to ensure they deliver expected results for our customers
- Communicate updates and best practices for the platform to our customers through webinars and other messaging channels
- Provide industry research to be utilized in product business cases. Manage the product backlog in JIRA, define new product specifications, scope bug fixes, and communicate release features on an ongoing basis
- Actively seek to integrate human interaction best practices and best in class front end design into each product you build
- Work with the Release Management team to develop and deliver release documentation and training materials for internal groups on key functional aspects of products under your ownership
- Create visually stunning interface designs for existing products and future prototypes
- Ensure design is properly applied to the product
- Create innovative solutions to tough interface challenges
- Develop design patterns for reuse and consistency
- UI Design, UX Design, Information Architecture - all tenets of good product design
- Conduct customer interviews before, during, and after design production to ensure a perfect solve
- Interact directly with stakeholders and customers to inform your designs
- Inject design processes into agile development cycles
- Used to working in modern agile and lean methodologies
We are looking for someone with:
- You live our culture and values daily
- A keen interest in empathy for the customer, and designing for the customer
- You can tell a story by communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- 2+ years of experience in a product manager or product analyst role at an e-commerce or internet software company
- 2+ years in product design, UI/UX experience
- Proven track record of defining and delivering great products or product features
- Good at taking broad, ambiguous concepts and distilling them into clear, manageable chunks
- Confident in making decisions autonomously by using data, stakeholder inputs and customer insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills; attention to detail is a must
- Thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- High emotional intelligence
100% Open vacation policy. Seriously. Take time off when you need to, and come back refreshed and ready to work.
We appreciate that different people have different working styles. Rarely does everyone work best from 8am-5pm so we do our best to accommodate your cycle. Get your work done, be responsible, and take a break. You’re a grownup, and we treat you like one.
Snacks, Coffee, Beer
Decent coffee and a stocked snack bin. We know it’s awesome, but no you can’t move in.
We're a Mac.
We’ll initiate you with a Macbook Pro or Air. The choice is yours.
This is a full-time position located in our Austin, TX office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!