We all want to be a part of something great. At Student Loan Genius, we are the solution for an entire generation drowning in student debt. That debt, currently topping 1.3 Trillion dollars, is a massive drain on the economy and is impacting the lives of millions.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be a key hire and a crucial part of our team’s effort to revolutionize the way borrowers handle their student loans and how employers help employees eliminate student debt. We're looking for purpose-driven developers who are serious about their craft, building amazing products, and want to take part in something great. Come help us help others!
- Background in building modern experiences using advanced techniques to carefully craft HTML and CSS.
- Ability to work closely within a larger team, provide intelligent and useful feedback for the product and design teams while orchestrating changes with the rest of the development team.
- Commitment to building the right thing. You enjoy owning features, the product planning process, and working with the rest of the business to make sure you're always on the right track. We stress ownership and you'll have autonomy to do what you need to get things done.
- Understand the importance of testing and have experience with building proper unit and integration tests.
- Your working style stresses knowledge sharing, teaching, and collaboration. We all have our own specific strengths -- it's when we pull those things together as a team that truly wonderful things emerge.
- A deep care for improving the lives of our customers.
- An appreciation for good design and recognize the importance of the UI/UX. We work and design in the open (https://signalvnoise.com/posts/2928-designing-in-t...).
- More than a passing interest in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in a startup environment
100% Open vacation policy. Seriously. Take time off when you need to, and come back refreshed and ready to work.
We appreciate that different people have different working styles. Rarely does everyone work best from 8am-5pm so we do our best to accommodate your cycle. Get your work done, be responsible, and take a break. You’re a grownup, and we treat you like one.
Snacks, Coffee, Beer
Great coffee and a stocked snack bin. We know it’s awesome, but no you can’t move in.
We're a Mac.
We’ll initiate you with a Macbook Pro or Air. The choice is yours.
This is a full-time position located in our Austin, TX office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!