We all want to be a part of something great. At Student Loan Genius, we are the solution for an entire generation drowning in student debt. That debt, currently topping 1.3 Trillion dollars, is a massive drain on the economy and is impacting the lives of millions.
As a software developer, you will be a key hire and a crucial part of our team’s effort to revolutionize the way borrowers handle their student loans and how employers help employees eliminate student debt. We're looking for purpose-driven developers who are serious about their craft, building amazing products, and want to take part in something great. Come help us help others!
As a Software Developer, you will be focused on building APIs and core backend services.
- have at least a few years of professional software development experience, including time with Ruby and Ruby On Rails.
- maintain good habits that include writing tests or test-driven development.
- maintain a good understanding of fundamental programming patterns/concepts and their practical application to solve real problems
- be committed to an Agile based approach to building software and collaborating heavily with other parts of the business to build robust and maintainable solutions.
- have sharp problem-framing skills and be able to break down large problems into understandable, consumable chunks
- have a working style that stresses knowledge sharing, teaching, and collaboration
You might also have:
- worked in the financial sector or in fintech
- experience building financial or accounting based services
- formal training or certification in software, systems, or network security
- previously worked with or have built software using Elixir
100% Open vacation policy. Seriously. Take time off when you need to, and come back refreshed and ready to work.
We appreciate that different people have different working styles. Rarely does everyone work best from 8am-5pm so we do our best to accommodate your cycle. Get your work done, be responsible, and take a break. You’re a grownup, and we treat you like one.
Snacks, Coffee, Beer
Great coffee and a stocked snack bin. We know it’s awesome, but no you can’t move in.
We're a Mac.
We’ll initiate you with a Macbook Pro or Air. The choice is yours.
This is a full-time position located in our Austin, TX office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!