At Student Loan Genius, we are the solution for an entire generation drowning in student debt. That debt, currently topping 1.3 Trillion dollars, is a massive drain on the economy and is impacting the lives of millions.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be the creative key to our team’s effort to revolutionize the way borrowers manage their student loans and how employers help employees eliminate student debt. We're looking for purpose-driven people who are serious about their craft, building lovable products, and want to take part in something great. Come help us help others!
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be focused on leading design for client facing web sites and assist with creation of Marketing and Sales collateral.
- Leverage UX best practices (e.g. personas, journey maps, wireframes, mockups and quick prototypes) to generate the best functional experience for customers.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Create and maintain design consistency across multiple product lines.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Develop and guide the design of compelling, usable, and intuitive user interactions for a variety online properties.
- Support the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- Work with developers to help deliver elegant and functional experiences.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams for consistent design systems, product philosophies, and company voice.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- maintain a dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your experience in web and/or application design.
- are experienced with design sprints, ideation methods/tools, and keep your problem-framing skills sharp.
- have formal education or a degree in a relevant field.
- 1+ years of design experience in delivering online (web/mobile) products.
- are self-motivated, can work independently, and be comfortable driving design iterations.
- Sketch master, Invision whiz, Photoshop and Illustrator guru.
- accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism.
100% Open vacation policy. Seriously. Take time off when you need to, and come back refreshed and ready to work.
We appreciate that different people have different working styles. Rarely does everyone work best from 8am-5pm so we do our best to accommodate your cycle. Get your work done, be responsible, and take a break. You’re a grownup, and we treat you like one.
Snacks, Coffee, Beer
Coffee and a stocked snack bin. We know it’s awesome, but no you can’t move in.
We Celebrate Taco Tuesdays.
Some of Austin’s finest tacos (at least) once-a-week.
We're a Mac.
We’ll initiate you with a Macbook Pro or Air. The choice is yours.
Student Loan Help.
Get expert help and cash toward becoming student debt free.
This is a full-time position located in our Austin, TX office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.