Content Marketing Manager
How you can help solve the student loan problem
As Content Marketing Manager, you’ll play a key role in growing our connections with employers, institutions, and borrowers who want to help reduce the burden of student loans. We're looking for a purpose-driven story teller and campaign expert with a passion for winning content, financial wellness and driving measureable impact.
Are you the one?
The Content Marketing Manager who rocks will;
- Drive marketing wins through creating, executing, and managing external marketing programs including blogs, social media, newsletters, advertising, webinars and production of print and online content;
- Create compelling content that helps champion and grow the voice, story, and reach of Student Loan Genius;
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to grow relationships with employers, large-scale financial institutions, and those who face student loans through marketing and public relations;
- Collaborate with leadership and other departments to build targeting strategies and audience segments that help inform marketing, sales, customer experience, and product development;
- Identify, test, and optimize our reach (e.g. SEO, events, microsites);
- Manage projects, vendors, and content production.
You MUST be based in the Austin, TX area and must be authorized to work in the United States (sorry, no exceptions).
You’ll be great at this role if you are…
- A storyteller at heart. Ever caught yourself editing or reimagining an ad, email, blog, or news story while you’re reading?
- Win-driven. Do you find yourself asking, “But, did the content ‘work?’”
- Born scientist. Are you obsessed with finding the formula?
- Polish passionate and finished focused. The magazine-worthy photo finish is your happy place.
These mean, you’ll probably have
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, or something closely connected
- 5 years experience in a content marketing, news, or content production that creates brand love
- Working knowledge of SEO, paid social media, Google Analytics, web-publishing tools (e.g. Wordpress), and marketing automation
- A killer portfolio of blogs/news bylines, ads, design work, or some combination of them
- Campaign results you’d love to show off
- Excellent writing and people skills
- Expertise in AP Style
- Proficiency in all things Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
100% Open vacation policy. Seriously. Take time off when you need to, and come back refreshed and ready to work.
We appreciate that different people have different working styles. Rarely does everyone work best from 8am-5pm so we do our best to accommodate your cycle. Get your work done, be responsible, and take a break. You’re a grownup, and we treat you like one.
Snacks, Coffee, Beer
Decent coffee and a stocked snack bin. We know it’s awesome, but no you can’t move in.
We Celebrate Taco Tuesdays.
Some of Austin’s finest tacos (at least) once-a-week.
We're a Mac.
We’ll initiate you with a Macbook Pro or Air. The choice is yours.
Student Loan Help.
Get expert help and cash toward becoming student debt free.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.